Building Inspection: Must pass 9 types of checks for the safety of building occupants
A building inspection is to check the building’s condition in terms of security. And various building equipment systems by building inspectors that aims to ensure the life safety and hygiene of the building users.
In which a building inspector is required who is licensed to practice the controlled engineering profession Or who has been licensed to practice architectural control which was registered as a building inspector under the Building Control Act to perform building inspections. For buildings that fall into the category, the building must be inspected. According to the Building Control Act.
There are 9 types of building inspection
1. a tall building, a building that a person may enter or use, with a height of 23 m or more; the measurement of the height of the building is measured from the ground level of the construction to the roof. For a gable or hip building, measure from the ground level of the construction to the top of the wall of the highest floor.
2.Extra large buildings A building built to use the building space Or any part of the building as a residence Or operating one or more types of businesses With the total area of all floors in the same house from ten thousand square meters or more
3. Buildings, communities, buildings, or any part of the building that people may enter inside. For the benefit of gathering people with an area of 1,000 square meters or more. Or gather from 500 people or more
4. Theaters, buildings or any part of the building used as a venue for the screening of a movie, theater, musical performance or any other festive performance. And is intended to open to the public to see the show is normal business With or without compensation
5.Hotel according to the hotel law with the number of rooms 80 or more
6. Condominium under the law on condominium. Or combined residential buildings Building or any part of the building used as a residential building for many families. They are divided into separate units for each family. With an area of 2,000 square meters or more
7.Factory buildings that are higher than one floor and an area of 5,000 square meters or more
8. Signboard height from 15 meters or more or having an area of 50 square meters or more. Or signs installed or installed on the roof or deck of the building with an area of 25 square meters or more
9.Services under the law on service places with an area of 200 square meters or more.
Building inspections are such an immediate concern that all building owners have to do this strictly for the safety of building occupants.
TYPES OF BUILDINGS TO BE INSPECTED
Building control issuing Ministerial Regulations prescribing the types of buildings provided for inspectors, and the Ministerial Regulations specifying specific qualifications of the inspectors. Criteria for the registration and revocation of the audit registration And building inspection rules, especially the Ministerial Regulation prescribing buildings that require an inspector
B.E. And maintain structures and systems of buildings with the objective in order to make the building after being opened in perfect condition can be used all the time, which will create safety in life and property of the owner of the building
There are 9 types of buildings that are subject to inspection:
1. Buildings 23 meters or more;
2. Extra large buildings with a floor of 10,000 square meters or more
3 Is a building where 500 or more people gather and meet with a building area of 1,000 square meters or more
4. General theater or cinema buildings
5. Hotels with 80 rooms or more
6. Factory that Has a height of more than 1 floor and a floor of 5,000 square meters or more
7. Service locations more than 200 square meters
8. Condominium buildings or residential buildings, condominiums. The area is 2,000 square meters or more.
9. Signs with a height of 15 meters or more or signage area more than 50 square meters or signs installed on the roof or deck with an area of 25 square meters or more
New construction buildings must be inspected. Building exam after using for 1 year (Inspect and submit the building inspection report to local officials within the 2nd year from the use of the building).
Type of building inspection
1. Major inspections Perform building inspections every 5 years or the first Of building inspection
2. Annual inspection. Perform building inspections during the year during annual major inspections.
A building inspection is a process that’s based on the code, where you need to assess a building for safety. It includes checking structural integrity and grading its condition with respect to age. All buildings are required by law in Australia to have regular inspections done every year, so if your property has been inspected it will show up in government records under Building Control or Local Councils Authority Records online.
Another article on this blog that might interests you: